During the pandemic, it became difficult if not impossible for churches to gather for confirmation instruction. We developed CnC Online as a supplement to our existing in-person curriculum in 2020, so that churches could continue to offer CnC programs, and create and sustain connections with youth. Created specifically to address the challenges of COVID-19, we soon realized that CnC Online had much broader applications.
The CnC Online add-on enables meetings of youth in disparate locations - meaning that smaller churches can combine forces to create a robust CnC cohort, and build connections between communities. It also ensures the forward progress of the overall confirmation program when there may be logistical challenges due to inclement weather or other schedule obstacles. Finally, CnC Online taps into online learning tools that were updated and enhanced for distance learning during the pandemic.
Many churches are embracing the concept of “hybrid church” – gathering in person as the guidelines permit, but at the same time continuing to provide online opportunities (streaming or meeting online) to learn and worship together. CnC Online provides the flexibility of reaching people in this new hybrid environment.
FAQs 1) Why should I have an online supplemental curriculum? The online supplemental curriculum allows your church greater flexibility. We believe it is a good idea to have a combination of lessons both online and in person. The online format offers a unique experience for youth, using technology to help them engage differently than they might with the in-person format. Offering a hybrid curriculum also decreases the likelihood of missed meetings and increases the opportunity for participation.
2) What is different about this format? This format is meant to conduct the course completely online using low cost, often free, online tools to help keep your youth engaged. CnC Online uses tools that will be familiar to most students in your classroom.
3) What technological tools do you use? There are many formats and different options to choose from. We found many free materials online. We chose ZOOM for our online sessions, but there are other options. Each module comes with a PowerPoint template you can adapt to your own needs. Click HERE for a list of meeting technology apps you can use.
4) Which modules has CnC developed for CNC online? 1) Intro to CnC 2) The Gospel According to Whom 3) Heretics R Us 4) Scripture Mad Dash 5) Teach Us to Pray 6) The Nicene Creed 7) Church History Continued 8) Pain Into Power 9) How Can We Help 10) The Issue of Power
5) Is CnC Online sold separately from the standard package? Because CnC Online is intended as a complementary curriculum to the overall CnC program, it is not sold separately. However, existing CNC customers may purchase this product as a supplement to the standard package. If you are not sure how to access your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) How much is the supplement to the curriculum? The cost of CnC Online is $50 in addition to your regular curriculum package. Your standard CnC cost is based on your church's average Sunday attendance.