Because of lockdown requirements this past year and a half, it was impossible for churches to gather for confirmation instruction. We developed CnC Online as a supplement to our existing in-person curriculum so that churches can continue to offer CnC programs in an ever-changing world. Created specifically to address the challenges we all faced due to the Covid 19 Pandemic, CnC Online provides a vehicle for maintaining confirmation instruction when we are not permitted to gather in person, and for enhancing the CNC experience ongoing.
The lessons we have learned about gathering, learning and celebrating have taught us that online access is here to stay. Many churches are embracing the concept of “hybrid church” – gathering in person as the guidelines permit, but at the same time continuing to provide online opportunities (streaming or meeting online) to learn and worship together. CnC Online provides the flexibility of reaching people in this new hybrid environment.
Q&A 1) Is CnC Online sold separately from the standard package? No, CnC Online is not sold separately from the standard package as it is not intended as a stand-alone curriculum. While most of the content can be easily and successfully adapted for online use, teaching a confirmation curriculum fully online misses a few key elements of community. However, for those who have purchased CNC before, we emailed a special link to purchase this product as a supplement to the standard package. If you are not sure how to access your account feel free to contact us at Jon@confirmnotconform.com
2) Why should I have an online supplemental curriculum? The online supplemental curriculum allows your church to have greater flexibility. We believe it is a good idea to have a combination of lessons both online and in person. The online format offers a unique experience for youth, using technology to help them engage differently than they would with the in-person format. Offering a hybrid curriculum also decreases the likelihood of missed meetings and increases the opportunity for participation.
3) What is different about this format? This format is meant to conduct the course completely online using low cost, often free, online tools to help keep your youth engaged. CnC Online uses tools in which most youth are well versed.
4) How much is the supplement to the curriculum? The cost of CnC Online is $50 in addition to your regular curriculum package. Your standard CnC cost is based on your church's average Sunday attendance.
5) How did you create the online curriculum? Two of our original developers teamed up with two K-12 public school teachers and two Education PhD’s from Florida Atlantic University to develop this program. We piloted it with the youth group at St. John's Episcopal Church in Oakland, California and had great success.
6) What are the technological tools you use? There are many formats and different options to choose from. We found many free materials online. We chose ZOOM for our online sessions, but there are other options. Each module comes with a PowerPoint template you can adapt to your own needs. Click HERE for a list of meeting technology apps you can use.
8) Which modules has CnC developed for CNC online? 1) Intro to CnC 2) The Gospel According to Whom 3) Heretics R Us 4) Scripture Mad Dash 5) Teach Us to Pray 6) The Nicene Creed 7) Church History Continued 8) Pain Into Power 9) How Can We Help 10) The Issue of Power